5 Reasons Why Women Should Do Weight Training
Exercise be it aerobic or resistance is important and comparing to choose between the two is unfair. Human Body has requirement for smallest of elements in the nature and exercise is a part of it. The Stone Age Era made humans to hunt which involved running, swift movements, the action of killing, preparing tools for hunting; all of which had overall body muscles to work. Also during that era humans lived longer. So why has the age factor reduced today? The answer is Simple : Lack Of Physical Activity
Let’s cover Up why is exercise important and also why weight training especially for women
Health benefits of exercise as we all know is to take care of your heart, immune system, brain, organs, muscles and to live longer. So why specifically should women exercise or lift weights?
Here’s the answer !
Women genetically store more fat as compared to Men, thus a greater need to exercise. Let’s take a look at why its important for women to start weight training.
1. As you add muscle from strength training, your resting metabolism will increase, so you’ll burn more calories all day long.
2. moderate weight training increases a woman’s strength by 30 to 50 percent. Extra strength will make it easier to accomplish some daily activities, such as lifting children or groceries.
3. By the time you leave high school, you have established all the bone mineral density you’ll ever have—unless you strength train. Research has found that weight training can increase spinal bone mineral density by 13 percent in six months. So strength training is a powerful tool against osteoporosis.
4. Adult-onset diabetes is a growing problem for women and men. Research indicates that weight training can increase glucose utilization in the body by 23 percent in four months.
5. A Harvard study found that 10 weeks of strength training reduced clinical depression symptoms more successfully than standard counseling did. Women who strength train commonly report feeling more confident and capable as a result of their program.
By Krupali Shah
WAY OF LIFE UPDATES !!
RE-LAUNCHING CONTEMPORARY DANCE CLASSES FOR KIDS AND ADULTS IN JANUARY 2015 AT WAY OF LIFE STUDIO, KEMPS CORNER MUMBAI.